We strive to be a part of the local community and aim to take part in local galas and festivals throughout the year. We like to be involved in the local area, and being a Scottish company, we want to give back to the wider community.
This year as part of our charity efforts, a group of roughly 15 of our team are going to climb the highest mountain in Scotland and the whole of the UK….Ben Nevis!
The team are climbing on May 30th 2018. Our group comprises of our front of house, bar, kitchen and management team. With such a diverse range of people we are really looking forward to strengthening the relationships in the team and working towards a common goal.
Our chosen charity is @KeepingScotlandBeautilful.
The group have chosen this cause because as a Scottish company want to ensure sustainability is a part of the everyday thinking for all of us; We believe that a sustainable business is key to being a successful business, and would like to raise awareness of good sustainability practices for the future; Overall the work that Keep Scotland Beautiful do is very important, and therefore we would like to support that work.
To help us raise money for the Month of May we are kindly asking for the attendees of our weekly Ceilidh on a Friday & Saturday night to offer a cold coin donation on entry.
What we do to be sustainable:
– We are changing our straws to biodegradable ones, and will be using one straw per drink instead of two;
– Most of our lights in staff areas (staff room, corridors, fridges etc.) are motion sensored, so we try to reduce our carbon footprint;
– We are part of the sustainable restaurant association;
– We try to source all our food from sustainable suppliers;
– We recycle our plastics, cans, glass, food, paper etc. and are always looking for ways in which to reduce waste;
– If people live in same areas, we usually carpool;
– We try to maintain a room temperature, and avoid over-heating or over-cooling the restaurant, again, to reduce our carbon footprint
Why we’ve chosen the charity:
– We like to be involved in local area, and being a Scottish company, we want to give back to the wider community;
– Sustainability is a part of the everyday business for us;
– We believe that sustainable business is key to successful business, and would like to raise awareness of good sustainability practices;
– The work that Keep Scotland Beautiful do is very important, and therefore we would like to support that work.